In October of 2010, I began the MA in Professional Communications program at Royal Roads University. This last month, I have officially completed all requirements for the degree. (Pause for applause).
I think I deserve a little pat on the back, and I’ve given myself several. It’s been a long haul.
At first, I didn’t know what to do with myself. Then my husband had some health issues that I’ve been overwhelmed with (that’ll teach you for claiming “boredom”), and now that he’s doing better, I’ve been thinking about what I’ve been missing over the last couple years… things I’m going to devote more time to, now that I have it (the time, that is).
In no particular order, those are:
- Read books for fun! (I’m currently read Hemingway’s A Moveable Feast and LOVING it).
- Spend more time with with those who matter.
- Walk my dog more often.
- Have a great garden.
- Invent more recipes.
- Sit in the sun and do absolutely nothing, at least once a week.
- Go to a yoga class twice a week.
- Spend this summer kayaking, camping, hiking, and generally enjoying nature as much as humanly possible. It’s going to be a great summer.
- Finally locate my sanity (RRU stole it somewhere along the way!).