So long twenties. You’ve been… interesting. A lot of ups and a lot of downs, and a lot of moments I’d like to just plain wash from the annals of history. Yes, there are many times that will forever be locked in my most precious memory bank: meeting my best friend and marrying him, for example, and finishing my master’s degree. Still though, twenties, I can’t say I’m sorry to see you go.
Things I’m looking forward to in my thirties:
- Having babies and starting the awesomest little family there ever was.
- Having my first article(s) published in a magazine.
- Finally visiting Italy.
- Writing more regularly.
- Advancing to some big, overnight hiking trips.
- Moving to the country or buying property.
Buying a boat.*
- Becoming a college or university instructor.
- Becoming an aunt.
*I drafted this post a couple weeks ago in preparation for the inevitable day (today), and coincidentally, we bought a boat yesterday! So this point should more accurately be “Riding around in my new boat.” :) Always the overachiever, I’m crossing off goals for my thirties before they even arrive! Happy birthday to me!